Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take... but by the number of MOMENTS that take our breath away...

Thursday, July 23, 2009

yuck.

I have some really bad news about me.  It could be so much worse and I thank God that i am ok and have such loving, caring friends and family.  I broke my leg last Saturday night trying to wake board.  My femur snapped in half and i was taken to the U of A hospital in Edmonton for surgery.  I now have a rod going straight down through my femur bone, screwed at my knee and at my hip.  I don't have a cast and have been doing physio so i am able to get around, barely for now.  It is already starting to feel better and I think i am getting the pain under control without to many side effects.
Unfortunately this affects my photography quite a bit.  I will be canceling or rescheduling or referring clients who are currently booked with me through July and August.  i am waiting until the end of August to see for September.  Things seem to be working out so far.
I will continue to update my blog as i still have quite a few sessions to go through and finish and post, which fortunately i CAN do!

I want to take this opportunity to THANK everyone who has been involved in my accident from the beginning.  My friends and family have been so unbelievable, I am so blessed.  From holding me in the water and calming me to carrying me up on the stretcher... I can still see their eyes looking down at me, to cleaning and packing our trailer and boat.  Also to Jana who will be helping me with a wedding.  Now that i am home, the help is continuing with the kids and cleaning and meals.  I am finally up, which is a huge accomplishment, so it can only get better!  I love you all so much, thank you, thank you , thank you.

3 comments:

Lindsay Bateman said...

OMG Alli....I just heard today through my cousin about you....i cannot believe this has happened to you. I am so sorry!! Despite everything you sound SO optimistic..just a true reflection of the beautiful person you are. It is so reassuring to hear that you are starting to feel better. Please please do not hesitate to get ahold of me if you need ANYTHING at all. Seriously. My digits are 780-623-9442. Get better soon girl.
Big huge hugs to you!

d d p h o t o g r a p h y said...

sending you love and happy thoughts Alli! Get better soon!

Brandi said...

I hope you feel better soon!!!